Bibingka is a famous rice cake traditionally cooked and eaten during the Christmas season in the Philippines. It is usually made from milled rice and coconut milk with salted egg, and baked in banana leaves on clay pots heated with charcoal. It is then topped with grated coconut and cheese! Yum!
However, Bibingka is heavy on carbohydrates and calories. Yikes! Now, this does not mean you can’t enjoy this amazing and yummy Christmas delicacy! Here is a recipe for Keto Bibingka so you can enjoy it without having to worry about the huge amount of carbs you will be taking in.
- 1 & 1/2 cup almond flour (finely sifted)
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 teaspoon inulin powder (this will help activate the yeast)
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp. of warm water
- Line your cupcakes mold baking pan with banana leaves (if you have any) if not spray the cupcake molds with olive oil spray.
- Pre-heat oven 250F for 3 minutes then turn it off. Make sure you turn the power off because we need this later to make the batter rise.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, inulin and dry yeast. Mix well and let it activate for 10 minutes.
- Put all dry ingredients in the bread machine and mix well. If you don’t have a bread machine, mix them well in the bowl.
- Add activated yeast, eggs, coconut milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour them in the mold about 2/3 full.
- Put them in the preheated oven (make sure the oven is turned off and it’s not hot) and cover with cloth. Leave it there to rise for 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven after 30 minutes
- Heat the oven for 350F. Cook it for 20 to 25 minutes. Please keep checking the oven after 15 minutes.
- Enjoy and share with your family! Best paired with your favorite cup of benefits-rich coffee!
Don’t miss any of our informative health articles — subscribe to our newsletter now! Follow Top Medical Magazine on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to stay updated, too!
Original keto bibingka recipe from International Keto Recipes.